A forehead lift, also called a brow lift, is a surgery done to restore youthfulness, and a refreshed appearance to the forehead and brow areas above the eyes. The earliest signs of aging appear in the forehead and brow area as furrows, frown lines, crows’ feet and excess fat that bulges as tissues around the eyes weaken. Dr. Bloom’s less invasive techniques rejuvenate the forehead and brow by taking years off the face…leaving a more youthful, natural appearance.
Today’s men and women are doing age defying treatments in their 30’s & 40’s in order to avoid more aggressive treatments in their 50’s and 60’s. We’ve learned this from Hollywood celebs!
• Forehead/Brow Lift can take up to 10 years off the face
• A youthful, more vibrant look is restored
• It can be done at any age…any stage in life
• Men & women have it done in tandem for most desirable results
• It smoothes out excess wrinkles, crow’s feet, forehead furrows…more
• Dr. Bloom’s forehead lift involves less swelling, bruising, and downtime
• Advanced techniques & refined instrumentation allow for more precision
If you don’t like what you see when looking in the mirror, and you want to correct forehead furrows, frown lines, crow’s feet and eye area bulges, a forehead/brow lift may be the answer for you. Dr. Bloom can determine this during your personal consultation when he will also individualize a treatment plan for you. You should be in otherwise good health and capable of mature, realistic expectations.
Local anesthetic and sedation is typically used for this surgery. Incisions are made inconspicuously in the hairline, and then using an endoscope and camera, Dr. Bloom works through these small openings to lift forehead skin and underlying tissue, manipulate, release or elevate forehead muscles. Eyebrows are elevated to a more aesthetic position and excess skin is removed to create a smoother, younger look.
When you wake up you should expect the following and also follow these instructions:
1. Your face will be swollen, pale and numb
2. Patients complain of “discomfort” rather than pain
3. Incision sites may be irritated and swollen for a couple of days
4. Your head may be wrapped in a bandage…this should be left on until Dr. Bloom takes it off
5. If a special compression garment is used…wear it as instructed…it helps to control swelling and support while healing starts to take place
6. You will need to keep your head elevated for several days
7. Dr. Bloom may recommend soft, cool compresses
8. Oral medication will easily deal with any discomfort you may experience
9. Plan on a soft diet for 2-3 days…your face will feel tight and opening your mouth may be uncomfortable
10. As healing takes place…all discomfort and signs of surgery go away…usually over a few days time.
Dr. Bloom has comprehensive experience in face lifting, rhinoplasty, ear surgery, eyelid rejuvenation, brow and forehead aesthetic surgery as well as extensive training in non-surgical treatments including Botox, injectable fillers, and laser therapies.
Heavy brows, thickened, deep creases…a scowl and angry or perpetually tired look are part of the dynamic forces of aging!
This will be thoroughly discussed during your consultation to ensure you are comfortable with your options and make a good decision. Local anesthesia and sedation are often used and general anesthesia is also an option. The right choice depends upon the specific type procedure you are having.
Since each treatment is individualized, time frames vary. Dr. Bloom will be able to give you a time frame when your treatment plan has been designed and he knows exactly what’s involved.
All incisions involve scars. However, Dr. Bloom uses more refined techniques that allow him to inconspicuously hide the incisions while they fade over time. All of the incisions for a forehead/brow lift are place inconspicuously in the hair-bearing scalp and are hidden from view.
There will be some discomfort but Dr. Bloom’s patients rarely complain of pain. You will experience swelling and tightness that is uncomfortable, but this goes away on its own over a few days. Some numbness may linger for several weeks, but it too resolves itself.
Visible results vary with each patient based upon the extensiveness and type of procedure. Healing continues under the surface for quite some time. As swelling and bruising resolves, results can be seen and within a few weeks you will be looking like yourself…albeit a younger version.
NO. Insurance does not cover cosmetic procedures. We do have financing today that covers cosmetic procedures and can be set up on a payment plan. Ask about it in our business office.